Monday, August 14, 2006

Abbotsford International Airshow


Another great year for the airshow. This was my sixth time at the Abbotsford Airshow and was the principal reason for my trip down south. I left on wednesday morning after packing the car with Tammy's stuff and drove all the way into Vancouver with only a quick stop for lunch and gas. After a shower to freshen up at Tammy's I went out for a great dinner with Tammy, Tom, and Tammy's parents to my favorite Chinese restuarant in Vancouver. On Thursday, after waiting for Tammy to wake up (she finally dragged herself out of bed at 10:30) we went on the internet to try and find something to do. I kind of wanted to go to Storyeum in gastown but it was pretty expensive, as was going to the Aquarium, an Imax feature, etc., etc. So we finally decided on going to lunch at a great little sushi place and then go to a Chinese mall in Richmond. I was a little disappointed after I think I was misled about what we were actually going to (of course Tammy sees this differently). I don't really know what I was expecting, more of an indoor marketplace I think, but it was actually a real mall with clothing stores, foodcourt etc., but it was kind of fun. Then we had a coffe and hit IKEA. My favorite part of the day however, was the hour we had to kill at her place before I headed out to Coquitlam to meet Steph and friends for supper. We just sat on the couch and watched TV, chatted, made sarcastic remarks on commercials and what we were watching. It really brought me back to when Tammy and I would just sit around here watching TV while we were waiting for our call from SD57, and made me realize how much I miss having her around.

I went to the airshow on Friday with my Dad. The weather in the morning was a little cool and cloudy, but it cleared up and was sunny and warm for most of the day. It was nice spending the day with my Dad, I can't remember the last time we did something, just me and him. The
airshow was great. After walking through the static display's, which included modern fighters and bombers such as the CF-18 Hornet, F-15 Eagle, F-16 Falcon, A-10 Warthog, B1 Lancer, and massive cargo planes such as the Globemaster and the Hercules, we made ourselves comfortable near the runway for the show which included fighter demo's, low altitude fly by's which almost knocked you off your feet, and of course the Snowbirds who closed the show.





2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Deanne said...

looks like you got some great pics! I don't know much about planes, but I remember loving watching the snowbirds in action when there was once an airshow here in kamloops!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger CM said...

Curt I must say I am a little dissapointed that there is no mention that you enjoyed a great dinner with us. Especially seeing as I took off just as Sharon was beginning to feed Gavin, which I am sure was a little uncomfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home