Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Hate Being Sick



I think it started on the night before last but I really didn't think much of it. When I woke up yesterday I had a terrible sore throat, every muscle in my body ached, and I had a fever. No matter how many sweaters and blankets I put on I couldn't get warm. Today when I woke up I thought I was going to die. Ten times worse than yesterday.

It's funny, Steph says I'm such a baby when I'm sick, and although I play it up to a certain degree I guess I agree with her. I whine and sit in bed, constantly asking her to do things for me (which she puts up with much better than I could). I hate being sick, and I think the reason I'm such a baby is that growing up I was very healthy and was very rarely sick. On the other hand, my brother was very sickly as a child and was always in the hospital for bronchitis and stayed home from school alot.

In fact, my Mom used to let me stay home from school once in awhile because I complained that it was not fair that Erik always got to stay home. I guess she felt sorry for me, but I can remember on one occaision it came back to bite her in the rear. Actually my memory of this event is kind of hazy but I have been reminded of it so many times it seems alot clearer. I was probably in about Grade 4, and I had just returned to school after one of my "sick days". My teacher asked me if I was feeling better because my Mom had phoned the school and told them Iwas away sick. Apparently I said to my teacher that "I'm OK, I wasn't sick at all, my Mom just said that so I could stay home and watch TV." This was then brought up by my teacher at a parent night that soon followed this event.

As I sit here the pills I have taken seem to be kicking in and I'm feeling a little better. I hope this is finished with tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Deanne said...

Hey... well I hope you are feeling a bit better today. So many people are sick right now, so that is not good!
So I found this entry quite amusing. I know I shouldn't lump all men into this category, but I find that a lot of guys I know kind of do become like babies, and very whiny when they are sick! Its kind of funny actually. My mom once and awhile will complain about my dad becuase he whines when he is sick and she says you don't hear me complaining! Or her other favorite line is I don't have time to be sick... So I just find it interesting that some woman (I am not one.. I like to complain haha) deal with being sick a lot better than men!
So I am guessing once you let the cat out of the bag, your mom didn't let you stay home as often hey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home