Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

This was my first Halloween as a teacher, I was in a short practicum last Halloween but I didn't dress up and it just wasn't the same. What a great day. Aside from the kids being off the wall it was alot of fun. All my kids were dressed up, they looked so cute. I had everything from pirates to witches to Ninja Turtles to princess' and bunnies. I decided to go as King Lang today. Most of the teachers at our school went all out and that made it so much more memorable. I had the kids address me as "your majesty", "your highness", or "your Royal highness", which they loved. They were bowing and curtseying (is that a word) to me all day. The Grade 5's did an awesome job of a spooky Halloween storytelling presentation in the gym for the primary students (you should have seen some of the K's, they were adorable). I had some parents bring cupcakes, fruit, juice etc. and we watched "Monster House" in the afternoon, which was a nice way to calm them down alittle bit. I ended the day with a scary story with the lights down low and in my scariest voice. It ended in me yelling out "I'VE GOT YOU" and grabbing a child sitting near me. They all screamed and then laughed hysterically for about 5 min. Tomorrow is going to nuts with them all on sugar highs. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Deanne said...

King Lang, I love the costume! You look great! And I bet you had a fun day.. I worked the day after Halloween, and although I wa slightly worried, it was a pretty good day. They weren't as off the wall as expected.. But it sounds like you had a great day :) I am glad to hear it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home