Friday, December 22, 2006

Last Day!!!!!!!!!


So today was the last day of school before Christmas break. What a week. The concert yesterday was amazing. I was so nervous for my kids, I layed awake for a long time the night before and apparently I was as white as a sheet as we waited to go on. The play was flawless, the best we had done so far and I was so happy and proud of all the hard work we put in. The kids knew too, and as we walked back to the portable they were walking on air. As soon as we closed the door to the classroom, I said "OK...." and they all let out a huge cheer. The whole process was so much fun and everyone says you always remember your first Christmas concert, and I definitely will (plus Steph was able to come and taped the whole thing).

Today, the kids were literally vibrating. I don't think I've seen anything like it before. They were completly off the wall (but in a good way). We had alot of fun today. We watched "Polar Express" in the morning and had our school's annual "Winter Sing Along" where they hook up a karaoke machine to the LCD projector and sing Christmas carols as the dot bounces along on the screen. To see all the kids singing thier hearts out, rocking back and forth in their seats, having a great time was totally infectious and it really got me into the holiday spirit (I even sang along to every single song). Then it was back to the classroom to open presents. I got quite a haul from all my students and they had a great time watching me open them. As a first year teacher it was really special and I was so touched and happy with my first "I love my Teacher" and "favorite teacher" mugs and key chains.

What a whirlwind week. It will sure be nice to have a nice relaxing two weeks off and we are all really excited about Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home