Friday, January 19, 2007

Just the Boys this Weekend

So this weekend it is just me, Kobe, and Tom. Steph left for Vancouver today for an extended four day weekend baby shopping extraveganza, despite my protests (it snowed a tonne last night and I was really worried about the roads). But you know Steph, she was so excited about this trip and was determined to go, although she did promise to turn around or stop for the night if things got too treacherous and she agreed to take my Mom's car which has snow tires (although she complained that it was smaller and she couldn't fit enough stuff in it, probably a good thing). She phoned to check in at lunch time from 100 Mile House and said things were not too bad, the highway was plowed anyway. Then she phoned from Langley to say she made it about 5:00 so that was a load off my mind.

She is going to hit Ikea tonight and then tomorrow she is going to meet a lady who is selling the $600 stroller she wants, three years old for $250. We found it on Craigslist, a great online Bargin Finder type thing that Erik turned us on to. I think on Sunday she is going out with a good friend of hers who just recently had a baby to hit all the best baby stores the Lower Mainland has to offer.

As for me, I'm kind of looking forward to living the bachelor life for afew days (not that I don't love spending time with Steph). I bought a frozen pizza, and some Hungry Man TV dinners, rented a real rock'em sock'em action movie that Steph would never let me rent ("Crank" with Jason Stathom), and I can watch both hockey games on TV tomorrow without feeling bad.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger The McLeod's said...

Hey Curt,

The girls are out spending all our money right now. I sent Gavin along with them so they would be at least a little distracted. Steph says you are enjoying your class. I can't believe you get two weeks off a Spring Break. Do you have longer workdays? I am hoping to set up a streaming salmon cam in my classroom. I will send you then link if I get it up and going. It would be cool to have your students add some posts to our class blog as well. I will send that link also. I guess I will probably see you in the summer with your new little one. We can share teaching stories then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home